Gorst Rural is a rural retail and service business based at Lake Bolac in Western Victoria - operating for over 25 years. We have branches at Willaura, Tatyoon (Tatyoon Rural) and Skipton. Gorst Rural supplies all seed, chemical, fertiliser and animal production requirements as well as general merchandise, fencing, and grain storage/handling equipment.
As a member of the NRI buying group, we have access to many products at competitive pricing. We are a leading retailer and service provider in the region, and winner of The Age/ Dunn & Bradstreet, Victorian Business Awards in the Country & Rural Category for both 2005 and 2008.
Gorst Rural’s Vision is to be the Leading provider of Ag Solutions for our People, our Land and our Community.
Our Mission Statement is:
We strive to be the best in our field through:
- Our People’s Passion and Knowledge to deliver
- Our understanding of the Land
- Our involvement in the Community
Our Values are:
- Customer focus is # 1
- Our customers are our key stakeholders. We are committed to delivering to them the best service, advice and solutions on time, every time – we have no excuse not to.
- We take our jobs seriously through being reliable and diligent; following through on every task; achieving accuracy; remaining confidential; and working with integrity.
- Learning and Innovation
- We embrace a learning culture where ideas are listened to and innovation is rewarded.Employees are encouraged to build on their skills and knowledge every day.
- Team focus
- Our team of people are at the core of our success. We respect each other’s differences, skills and attributes. We are all there to lend each other a helping hand, not matter how big or small.
- Our people genuinely care about our customers and are deeply concerned about the quality of their work. We are energised by what we do and what we can achieve. We are committed to doing things right.